The most common plumbing problems we see are due to plumbing systems being overstressed by high water pressure:
- Running toilets
- Dripping faucets
- Flooding caused by broken washer hoses
Making matters worse:
- Homeowners often do not know where to shut the water off
- Flooding usually happens overnight or during vacations
Tips to Avoid Plumbing Problems
- Install a Water Pressure Regulator - Water pressure over 65 psi puts undue pressure on plumbing systems, causing issues. They are inexpensive to install and regulators save water, and lower utility bills.
- Inspect and replace older water pressure regulators if needed.
- Maintain angle stops.
- Know where and how to turn your water off.
Learn more about the HERO Finance Program for home efficiency upgrades.