Water Filtration Systems in San Diego
The Benefits of Filtered Water for Your Whole House
Do you know what’s really in the water that’s flowing through the pipes in your home? While we’re blessed to have clean, potable water available to us from public water supplies, this water isn’t exactly as clean as you might think.
Call Anderson Plumbing, Heating & Air at (866) 374-0402 now to start discussing your water filtration goals and receive a consultation with one of our experienced professionals.
It’s not uncommon for public water to contain minerals like calcium and magnesium, chemicals like trace amounts of chlorine or fluoride, and much more. While this water isn’t bad for you, these additives can add things like strange tastes and textures and even make your water harsh on your clothing, dishes, skin, hair, and much more. That's where in-home water filtration systems come in.
You don’t have to live with bad water in your own home!
You don’t have to live with low-quality water in your home—our San Diego water filtration team can equip you with a water filtration system that gives you truly clean and clear water right from your own home!
No more going to the grocery store and spending money on expensive water bottles and filtered gallons, only to have to haul them into the house. Instead, you’ll be able to enjoy clean water and even cut back on plastic waste! At Anderson Plumbing, Heating & Air, we install a wide variety of water filtration systems, and we can help you choose the perfect system for your home based on your needs and your budget!
Which Water Filtration System is Right for You?
There are two different types of water filtration systems you can use in your home: whole-home water filtration systems, and point-of-use water filtration. As the name implies, a whole-home water filtration system filters the water for your entire home, ensuring you have drinking-quality water from literally any tap or appliance in your home. A point-of-use water filtration system provides clean water in smaller amounts and only at one point, usually your kitchen sink.
Which is right for you? While many people who install a whole-home filtration system love the added benefits, they’re not for everyone. They are the far more expensive option, and they do take up more space. They need to be installed on your main water line, as they filter all of the water that your home uses. However, they are long-lasting, durable, and require no tank swaps or media changes.
A point-of-use water filtration system is significantly smaller, and merely attaches to your main water system, much like your ice maker or washing machine would do. These systems simply filter the water they bring in and store it in a smaller tank until you need it, and usually distribute it through a small tap attached to it. The most common point-of-use filtration system is a reverse osmosis setup that’s installed under the kitchen sink.
When you consider that San Diego has some of the hardest water in the country, it’s easy to imagine why you could benefit so much from a water filtration system. These systems not only lead to lower energy usage and reduced wear and tear on your water-using appliances, but even provide you with great tasting water for drinking and cooking!
How to Obtain Drinking Water Reports and Statistics
- There are some cities that will issue a Drinking Water Quality Report that comes out once a year. It will usually be with the bill for your water. This will include information about what your current drinking water contains as well as other information about the water that everyone drinks.
- Another way to get this information is to go obtain it from your library, Water Company, or the Environment Agency's website.
- Additionally, you will be able to call your Water Company if there are contaminants that are found and ask them about it. It is always a good thing to know where the water was treated. The plant that the water comes from will all depend on the place that you live at.
- You can also build your own safety water test by getting a home testing kit. It is best that the water is tested right when it comes out of the faucet. Also, when it has been flowing for a period of time. The water samples can be submitted to labs for analysis. This is because it can be difficult for the results to be decided by you.
- Of course, if the quality of your water is not satisfactory, then look for a water purification system to install or a simple water filter.
Bring the benefits of filtered water to your home! Contact Anderson Plumbing, Heating & Air today at (866) 374-0402!
Safety and Peace of Mind
You can count on your plumbing, heating, and air conditioning when you need them most.
15% discount off every plumbing, heating, or air conditioning service and/or repair, every day (excludes replacements or installations).
No Emergency Service Fees
Call us anytime, day or night, and we’ll respond quickly with the service you need at no additional cost.
Jump to the front of the line! As a VIP Service Member, your call is scheduled ahead of others for both routine and emergency calls.
Your VIP Service Plan can be transferred to your new home or to the buyer of the home you sell.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We offer the best warranties in the industry & guarantee you'll be satisfied with our work.