Skip Navigation

Home / Blog

The Olympic Spirit Inspires Many Great Human Accomplishments

Jul 31, 2012

Human beings can accomplish just about anything when they put their minds to it. This might sound like a saccharine statement or something that one says to children to give them confidence, but it is entirely true. The 2012 Summer Olympics are here, and they are a shining example of what humans are able to do when they focus when they work hard and train, and when they strive to be the very best that they can be.

The Inspiration of the Olympics

Consider all of the inspirational stories that come out of the Olympics and all of the records that break every four years as athletes reach beyond what most people think is possible and land firmly in the realm of the impossible. They push the boundaries of what the body is able to do on the field and in the pool. They push past the pain and come out the other side immortalized. The athletes who have the Olympic Spirit are able to inspire others to do the impossible as well. Southern Californian, Kari Smelser was 35 years old when she received the news that she had breast cancer. Rather than letting the disease take her, she decided to fight with all that she had. She also discovered that she had papillary cancer in her thyroid as well. Smelser underwent surgery and chemotherapy treatments, and with the support of her family, her will to be a survivor rather than a victim, and the quality medical care she received, her life is returning to normal. She came through the ordeal a stronger person, and she is proof that the human will is powerful. Surviving cancer is an incredible accomplishment. Anderson Plumbing, Heating and Air respects these and other incredible human accomplishments, and we know just how important it is to have support and help when going through a monumentally difficult time, such as cancer treatment. We hope that there will one day be a cure, and that’s why we take part in the Susan G. Komen Foundation Race for the Cure each year. Our team wants to help raise breast cancer awareness, and 75% of the proceeds of the race will go towards patients and families in the San Diego area. The other 25% of the proceeds go to the National Susan G. Komen Foundation to help find a cure.

We Give You Our Best

Anderson Plumbing, Heating and Air has that Olympic Spirit too and strives to be the best when it comes to providing customers with the highest level of service possible. We always stand behind our work, and you can trust in us to do a great job with all of your plumbing, heating, and air conditioning needs. If you aren’t 100% satisfied with the service, you will receive a refund. We offer guarantees on our heating and AC repairs. If the repairs aren’t done right, the repair is free. If the repair fails during the season, it is free. We also offer plumbing, whole house re-piping and an equipment and fixture guarantee! Just as the athletes and heroes above make a difference, we hope to do the same in our niche of the world!

Back to Top '