Skip Navigation

Home / Blog

Why Our San Diego Air Conditioning & Plumbing Team Supports Breast Cancer Awareness

Sep 19, 2013

Sure San Diego air conditioning, heating and plumbing are exciting subjects, but there’s more to us than work! We like to think of ourselves as a well-rounded company. We enjoy giving back to our amazing community and we consider ourselves experts at having fun! Supporting breast cancer awareness let’s us multi-task.

How San Diego HVAC is Relevant to the Cause

San Diego AC repair or installation services aren’t the most obvious donations to make, but they can be quite an asset to someone going through the trials of chemotherapy or otherwise suffering from breast cancer. Another reason that we’ve chosen to take up this cause is that many of our lives here at Anderson Plumbing, Heating & Air have been touched by breast cancer. Some of our team’s stories include, “My Mom is a survivor”, “I lost my grandmother to breast cancer”, “My aunt is stage 4” and “I lost my best friend and my Aunt was just diagnosed.”

Thankfully, we have a large team of supporters here and with everyone’s participation, we’re able to contribute significantly.

What Can San Diego AC Contractors Do to Support Breast Cancer Awareness & Research?

A lot! Our San Diego air conditioning and plumbing technicians, managers and office staff participate in a variety of activities to raise funds throughout the year. All year long have Find-a-Cure Fridays. We sponsor Bras Across the Bay and buy co-op media to help spread the word. We make and sell pink bracelets at the event as well as other events like the Kolby Swap Meet, and proceeds go to Susan G. Komen – San Diego. In 2011, the Anderson team took a pass on their annual summer party and used the funds to buy Padres tickets for 100+ employees and family. At this particular game, proceeds were going to benefit breast cancer research. Our team showed up with more than 30 signs supporting the cause.

The Padres game was a blast for us, but we also look forward to the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure every year. This is where we really get down! For a month or two before the race, we have a team (usually more than 20 members) raising funds, then we come together proudly as “The Pink Plumbers”, dressed for the occasion on race day!

San Diego HVAC Co’s Donations Support Early Detection & Save Lives!

We are blessed that we can have a great time supporting breast cancer research and awareness, but it really is serious business. 75% of funds raised during the race help San Diego women and their families and the remaining 25% goes to the national foundation to help Find a Cure. 1 in 8 women are diagnosed with breast cancer in the US, but early detection is KEY to reducing fatalities. So we are proud to say that in previous years, we have raised and donated upwards of $80,000 to Susan G. Komen, and we are fired up to do surpass that in 2013!

Back to Top '