September 29, 2011
Does Your Garbage Disposal Stink? What Can I Do About It?
Actually, the cure for this is much easier than you might imagine.
- Grab a citrus fruit, peel it and dispose of any seeds. Put the slices of fruit into the disposal and then turn it on.
- Turn on the cold water. The disposal should mash up the fruit leaving a fresh scent.
- If you like a Lemon smell, grinding up a lemon is one of the better options.
- Pour white vinegar into a cup about 1/3 full.
- Pour 1/3 cup of baking soda down the disposal.
- Pour the white vinegar into the disposal.
It will bubble and foam…possibly up into your sink. Wait for 5 minutes and then turn the water on.
You’ll be amazed at the results.